DBI Sala - RPD Rescue Positioning System
DBI Sala - RPD Rescue Positioning System.
DBI Sala's range of rescue and descent systems provide the perfect rescue / retrieval safety solution. You can go about your work knowing that your equipment is ready to go and are more effective than any other in the industry. In any kind of emergency when time is an important factor, you can depend on DBI-SALA quality and durability to protect workers in hazordous situations.
Simple and reliable DBI-Sala's RPD is a simple yet extremely reliable rescue / postioning system. Designed to raise and/or lower yourself or someone else, providing a stable way to reach a working level, even in tight spaces. After reaching a working level, you can lock-out the RPD without the need for an additional securing device. Back-up safety is provided through an inertia-speed brake that automatically activates should you loose control or become unconcious for any reason during the raising or lowering - the suspended worker is automatically prevented from falling. A tight tug on the rope will resume the raising or lowering. Ideal uses include; confined space entry and retrieval, repair/maintenance operations, construction work, mining, overhead crane rescue, agricultural industry and more.
DBI Sala's Rescue Positioning Device Kits utilizing durable corrosion resistant and tamper proof construction, the device is small leightweight and east to carry. The kits are available in various lengths and gear ratios of 3:1 and 4:1. The most common kit is our 3:1 gear as it keeps rope requirements down to a minimum for weight carrying purposes while still maintaining adequate mechanical advantage. The RPD Kit should be used in conjuction with a Bosun's chair and safety harness.
DBI Sala RPD.
Rescue Positioning Device System (RPD)
|3600050||RPD with 3:1 Ratio, pulleys, rope anchor straps, two carabiners, 3/8" diameter 50ft travel / 210ft length Static Kernmantle Rope and carry bag.|
|3600100||RPD with 3:1 Ratio, pulleys, rope anchor straps, two carabiners, 3/8" diameter 100ft travel / 410ft length Static Kernmantle Rope and carry bag.|
|3602050||RPD with 4:1 Ratio, pulleys, rope anchor straps, two carabiners, 3/8" diameter 50ft travel / 260ft length Static Kernmantle Rope and carry bag.|
|3602100||RPD with 4:1 Ratio, pulleys, rope anchor straps, two carabiners, 3/8" diameter 100ft travel / 510ft length Static Kernmantle Rope and carry bag.|
- RPD allows user to raise or lower themselves or someone else to a work level and lock out the device without the need to tie off
- Uilises static kernmantle rope that elongates as little as 2% under load and resists knotting, twisting, chemicals and grime
- Inertia speed brake for added safety automatically activates if you loose control or if you become unconscious
- Visual mode indicator allows user to see if the device is in the raise / lower mode or if it is in lock-out position
- Durable Corrosion Resistant construction with tamper proof fasteners
- Complete Kit includes all the necessary equipment to perform rescue, retrieval and support operations (does not include harness, bosuns chair or spreader bar)
- Available in system lengths of 15m, 23m and 30m ; gear ratios of 3:1 and 4:1
- Meets or exceeds all applicable indusry standards