DBI Sala - Suspension Trauma Straps
DBI Sala - Suspension Trauma Straps.
What is Suspension Trauma?
The Suspension Trauma Safety Strap was designed to help a worker overcome the potential negative health impacts of suspension trauma (otherwise known as Orthostatic Intolerance). This condition can occur when a person remains suspended at height (after a fall) for even short periods of time. Suspension in a harness may cause blood to pool in the veins of the legs which can result in unconsciousness; if not rescued promptly, serious injury or death may occur. OSHA requires that employers provide for prompt rescue of employees in the event of a fall. The Suspension Trauma Safety Strap is designed to prevent suspension trauma while a worker is awaiting rescue.
Safety Strap Helps Prevent Suspension Trauma.
The Suspension Trauma Safety Strap allows the worker, who is suspended, to stand up in their harness and to relieve the pressure being applied to the arteries and veins around the top of the legs. The continuous loop design allows both sides of the harness to relieve the pressure being applied to the legs. The strap accommodates either having one foot or both feet in the loop at a time - it will relieve the pressure to both sides with just one foot in allowing for added movement of the legs. The strap allows for increased comfort, balance and improved circulation in the legs while suspended and waiting for rescue.
Fast and Easy Installation, Operation.
The two packs are compact, lightweight and easily installed to most harness sizes, styles and brands. To attach, simply choke the pack around the harness web at the hip. After a fall, the packs can quickly be unzipped, deploying the web loop and hook straps. These are easily connected and adjusted to provide a strap for the foot to conveniently step into. This allows the worker to stand in their harness and relieve the pressure on the legs while waiting for rescue.
- Suspension Trauma Safety Strap: helps prevent the effects of suspension trauma after a fall
- Allows worker who is suspended: to stand up in their harness to relieve pressure
- A safety accessory: that can be attached to most harness brands/styles right in the field
- Installation to your harness is fast and efficient: - just choke off to strap and it's ready
- Extremely compact and lightweight design: stays out of the worker's way
- Deployment and operation: is fool-proof, simply unzip, and hook straps together
- Continuous loop design: allows for either one or two-foot suspension relief without pinching